Customize Consent Preferences

We use cookies to help you navigate efficiently and perform certain functions. You will find detailed information about all cookies under each consent category below.

The cookies that are categorized as "Necessary" are stored on your browser as they are essential for enabling the basic functionalities of the site. ... 

Always Active

Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.

No cookies to display.

Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.

No cookies to display.

Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.

No cookies to display.

Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.

No cookies to display.

Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.

No cookies to display.

COVID-19Nigeria

Umahi shuts Ebonyi govt offices as top Council members test positive to COVID-19

Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi state on Thursday suspended all government activities for one week following the sudden rise of the number of cases of Covid-19 to 75 including top government officials.

In an announcement by the commissioner for Information and Orientation Barr. Uchenna Orji, he said that the cases rose to 75 after over 3, 000 samples were tested noting that 26 COVID-19 cases have been discharged and 49 cases still receiving treatment but in stable condition.

Orji said that Umahi was disturbed about the way and manner some State Executive Council members were infected with the disease adding that there was a need to take further steps to contain the spread

According to him, in order to ensure effective contact tracing, all Government offices will be shut down from today, Thursday,4th June 2020 and resume on Wednesday, 10th June 2020 and all civil servants shall work from their respective homes within the period but shall leave their phones open to respond to official imperatives.

He said the governor further directed all Government offices including the new and old Government House complex to be decontaminated while Exco members and Government officials, especially of the Ministries of Finance and Budget, are to undergo COVID-19 test within seven days period.

He added that during the period of the closedown of Government offices, all workers, especially from the two Ministries, should go into self-isolation adding that all site operations shall remain open, but must be in strict observance of COVID-19- protocols.

He passionately appealed to all sons and daughters of Ebonyi State who are living outside the shores of the state to avoid the risk of returning to the state saying that records have shown that the positive cases hitherto recorded in the state were those returning from the epicentre states.

“The Governor further pleaded with our people to take seriously the NCDC COVID-19 Protocols, especially all precautionary measures such as hand washing, use of hand sanitizers, use of face masks, social distancing and avoiding of crowded places”, he added.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Back to top button
WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com